Unravelling the rainbow

Sunday, September 10, 2006




Can't believe that the week-long Sept hols has ended just like that!
Oh...I'm back again to rattle the events that has taken place throughout the week.First up,let's give it up for the bbq session at East Coast beach on Friday, 8 Sept 2006.Spent the whole morning sourcing for groceries needed for Sat's kenduri.Sugar was kind enough to tag along and help carry all the stuffs we bought at Pasar Geylang.Anyway,I've been craving for a bowl of piping hot soto ayam.We saw one in the market and Sugar immediately ordered it for me.Sho sweet eheks.It only costs 2 bucks for a bowl full of chicken strips and potato patty aka begedil ~ that's one HALAL bowl you got there baby ahaks.
Alritey...back to the bbq session.It was Lyssa and Uncle Nin's birthday, so they decided to throw a bbq party at East Coast, just behind Big Splash.Man,I've not been to that place for a mighty long time.Went down around 5pm cos Sugar had to rush to work.Handed all 3 kids their respective prezzies.Fify was sooo happy to get his red WRX that all else did not entice him - even the games which were going on at that time.After I sent Sugar off to work, I returned to the pit with my parents.The food was superbly good.Gluttony me ate non-stop.Too bad but I was really famished by 7pm.An hour later,it rained bulls and dinosaurs and we had to take cover under one of the shelters.Eventually, we decided to head back to Uncle Nin's place to hang out instead.Went home with an enormous stomach though hehe.
Yesterday was Suraya 's wedding to her bf, Aliff Jason Michael errrm...wats his surname?...ok let's just say it's King.So it was my first encounter with Jason King at their reception in the Pasir Ris East CC's event hall.He's much bigger in size than I expected him to be.Overall, the food's great and I left with a very happy tummy.To Suraya and Jason *King?* ~ Selamat Pengantin Baru.
Had to rush to nenek's place for the kenduri arwah right after Suraya's.Dropped Mariana at Harbourfront and reached nenek's at about 4:30pm.Ooppsey...the kenduri was supposed to start right after Asar.So, as usual, we feasted right after the prayers with a spread of Briyani rice & chicken,sweet and sour fish plus lots of kuih and desserts.My mum, Pak Long and Mak Long were the ones who prepared those yummy stuffs.Thank you sho much hehe.A joke was thus spurned for Pak Long and Mak Long to set up a catering company which was to be called 'Rosyam Dol' (Rosly + Syamsiah + Dollah).It tickled my funny bone though hehe.
It was around 8 plus at night and we all decided to take a coffee or milo break rather, at the Tg Pagar Railway Station.Everyone else went along except for Pak Long's troop.Abang Sidik was kind enough to treat us to drinks and some kuihs again.Really lurve the company of my family members.Thus we decided to rent a chalet during the next school hols so that we can all spend time together again.How sweet is that!I managed to snap some pics at Railway and will put it up here.
Ouch...my stomach's starting to growl again.My parents are still on their way back from Malacca and there's nothing to gobble now.Guess I need to start ransacking the fridge.Take care everyone and will blog again soon.TTFN!

Me and Mrs Joe!!
8:35 PM