Unravelling the rainbow

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Retail Therapy



Holding all variables constant, I must admit that the aboved title does work wonders, especially so for us women.Prime reason why I've not updated myself here was due to the therapy I was undergoing for the past 3 days, and here I meant the retail one.Last Tuesday was spent in JB with Sugar.We went right up to Pontian Kecil, together with his friends, Nazmi and Maman plus their families.By noon, we went on our separate ways where me and Sugar combed through Giant (Tampoi), Plaza Angsana & City Square.Bought quite a lot of stuffs though, all thanks to Sugar's payday hehe.Dinner was at yummy Kenny Roger's.
We did some marketing at the temporary Geylang market yesterday and had our fav piping hot soto ayam at the hawker section.The next stop was Sheng Shiong supermarket where I managed to grab a nice bohemian top at one of those 'kaki lima' stalls there.A good buy indeed! After having rested enough,me and mummy went out again to Joo Chiat Complex, TM & Ikea. Had a nice plate of nasi padang from Hjh Maimunah, yummy! The 'wow' moment came when we realised that the parking at Ikea was free of charge.3 cheers to Ikea! By the time we got home, we were all totally worn out.
Just when I thought I'd get some rest today, thanks to the recurring chest pains I've been getting since a few days back, my mum dragged me to the JL Expo Sale and Vivocity.I simply love the endless trail of shops selling a variety of items at Vivo.Since Mariana had given me those Tangs vouchers, I got myself a pair of Martina Pink footwear and a Tangs Studio handbag (see pic).Mum didn't want to be left out so she got herself a nice, ebony handbag as well.The retail therapy did wonders to my chest pains as well.It was gone the moment I started my shopping.So Sugar...you're right all along hehe!Dinner was at Banquet (met my ex-student Ain there and she actually came up to greet me) and we left home right after.So peeps, do not underestimate the effectiveness of retail therapy as it brings about a thousand remedies that one can ever think of.Nites everyone!

Me and Mrs Joe!!
10:07 PM