Tuesday, January 09, 2007
Beta to go
Just saw the big axe on the word
beta in this site.Wow, they're really phasing out these beta thingy profusely. I still remember how Friendster first started back then in 2002 or so I think. The Beta version had always hung up on me and it was a novelty to see all your friends' photos under the friend's list during that time. But no matter what, me and Sugar would always be thankful to our dear Beta buddy for bringing both of us together...somehow.
Just to reminisce a little here, I first got a message from a chinese-looking guy over in friendster sometime in November 2003. Thinking that he was my ex-primary schoolmate, I replied to the 'hi can we be friends' message instantly. After ping-ponging our messages for about a few weeks, we decided to meet up.As I was still with my dear Toria company, we decided to meet up during my lunch hour at Tiong Bahru Plaza (quite a lame venue huh!).Anywayzzz...what happened was never a 'love at first sight' episode.We continued to be friends for another few weeks before deciding on the next step.For now, we're just starting to get busy with the wedding preps and all hehehe. Sugar mentioned that we should make a banner to thank friendster beta for their help.Cheesy don't you think? I'm still keeping my account in friendster till today. Sadly, thanks to a certain BUGGER over in friendster (you know who you are!!!), he decided to cancel off his.Thanks darling hehe.
Was marking the kids' maths worksheets this afternoon when one of my colleagues in the office decided to switch on her ipod to serenade us. Wow, it's been sometime since I last heard the love songs from the boybands back then during my teenagehood. So, after doing a quick search, I've placed backstreet boys' video over in my blog. Anyway this song reminded me of these 2 dudes who used to call me up during the wee hours of the night, just to accompany them during their guard duties (I was only 18 remember?) I played lots of cat-and-mouse games with them just to find reasons not to go out with them, evil rite! For now, one of them's married and the other's probably busy chasing girls still. And the hilarious part was that when I first got to know Sugar...he told me that those 2 guys were the outcasts back in his secondary school. We've bumped into them a few times before and they were shocked to see me and Sugar together. Haha, small world don't you think?
Me and Mrs Joe!!
11:39 PM